HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
Wiscon Products Inc. has the following career opportunities available at this time. Join our team and receive competitive wages, plus shift differential and great benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates can come in at 5022 Douglas Avenue Racine, WI 53402 and apply or send resumes to email@example.com. Please feel free to check back periodically for new postings.
Job Title: Senior Service Technician Reports To: Engineering Manager
JOB SUMMARY :
Responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance, repair, upkeep or replacement of plant equipment including facilities and manufacturing to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Wiscon.
The following description of job responsibilities are intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
· Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance/repair program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance on all equipment
· Implements review process for equipment and facility to enhance performance against plan
· Develops and implements improvements to process stability, setup, tooling and documentation
· Maintains and records inventories of spare parts, supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary to ensure equipment uptime
· Manages and maintains all warranties on equipment. Reviews and recommends changes and updates to ensure warranty is accessed
· Pro-actively reviews the operation of plant equipment constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, solving problems in a timely manner and identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement
· Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc. fulfilling and maintaining all ISO requirements
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair machinery in breakdown situations when necessary
· Diagnose equipment problems, implement appropriate solutions and affirm continued effectiveness of repairs and maintenance
· Responsible for maintaining the air, electrical and other facility systems for the plant
· Select and coordinate facility and manufacturing equipment maintenance with repair vendors as needed
· Responsible for basic manipulation of CNC machines
· Complies with all Wiscon policies and OSHA rules while carrying out maintenance functions
· Keeps accurate and timely records of all maintenance and service activities. Makes recommendations from the maintenance and service activity records for improved performance.
· Maintains a professional relationship with all employees
· Conduct performance reviews for appropriate personnel if applicable
· Maintains a safe and organized work environment utilizing and promoting 5S
· Recognize and correct unsafe conditions, acts and ensuring department safety goals are met
· Participates and leads continuous improvement activities in tune with lean manufacturing initiatives
· Maintains MSDS files in compliance with OSHA regulations
· Other duties as may be assigned
Associate Degree in a technical field is preferred
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING :
Seven or more years’ experience in an OEM service technician role
Robotic experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITY:
Knowledge of industrial electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and motor control systems.
Knowledge of G and M codes
Knowledge of manual machine tools and practices
Extensive mechanical aptitude in manual and CNC machine repair and troubleshooting.
Ability to read, interpret and understand schematics and engineering drawings.
Ability to effectively communicate and record concepts, instructions and definitions.
Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment and PLC’s.
Ability to work in a cross functional team environment, making timely decisions and taking actions independently
Strong leadership skills to inspire a group of individuals to function as a team to obtain optimal results
Excellent analytical, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
Strong written, communication and listening skills
Positive attitude, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment
Ability to work autonomously using independent thinking with confidence
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIRMENTS:
Work frequently requires walking, use of hands (to handle or feel), reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
Work frequently produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue, is performed under tight deadlines and requires attention to detail
Must have high energy level, stress tolerance and act with a sense of urgency
Occasionally requires weekend hours or working a different shift
May involve lifting materials and product up to 70 pounds
Work is often performed in loud environments
Must be able to wear safety equipment including, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes